Designating your network issues to your team members may sound good on paper, but you could be doing yourself a disservice. It may seem more cost effective to hire internally, but did you know that companies who outsource their IT needs fare better than those who don’t?
Keep reading to set your business up for success and learn:
- Why more companies are turning to outsourced IT support
- The benefits of outsourcing IT support
- When you should rely on insourcing or outsourcing
- What to look for in an outsourced provider
The business world is rapidly changing as technology continues to evolve. Companies are increasingly looking for ways to streamline their operations, and one of the most effective strategies is outsourcing IT services. In fact, the global network outsourcing market is projected to grow from 41.6 billion USD in 2021 to 98.8 billion by 2030.
Outsourced IT support can help businesses save time and money while ensuring they get access to the latest technology without having to invest in additional resources or personnel. But what exactly is “outsourced IT support?”
Simply put, it’s a method of getting specialized IT services from an external provider instead of handling them internally. Outsourcing IT services can include anything from network security to data backup and recovery to cloud solutions. By outsourcing these services, businesses can free up resources they would otherwise spend on managing the technology themselves.
More businesses are also recognizing the benefits of outsourcing. Not only can they stay up to date with the latest technology, but they also obtain perks like:
- Increased Cost Savings – Outsourcing IT support allows businesses to reduce costs by avoiding the need to invest in additional personnel or resources.
- Access to Expertise – Experienced IT providers have the technical knowledge and resources to implement practical solutions for businesses of any size and industry.
- Time Savings – By outsourcing IT services, businesses can save valuable time to focus on their core operations without worrying about managing technology themselves.
- Scalability – When businesses outsource their IT services, they can access a larger and more efficient pool of resources that can easily scale with their changing needs.
IT Outsourcing vs. Insourcing: Which Is More Ideal?
While some may find there are pros and cons to each, when considering whether to outsource or insource your IT services, you should assess the needs of your business and determine which approach will provide the most value.
When managing your IT services, certain tasks may be better suited for an internal team or Chief Information Officer (CIO) than an outsourced vendor. If your needs are relatively small, or if your intellectual property isn’t extremely complicated, outsourcing these tasks may potentially turn out to be more of a financial burden rather than relying on an in-house resource.
These smaller tasks can include setting up servers and networks, configuring systems, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and managing databases.
On the other hand, tasks that require specialized knowledge and expertise may be difficult to acquire in-house. To cut costs and save time, you should ensure your outsourcing work is handled by experienced professionals.
These professionals are more than equipped to handle specific tasks like:
- Help Desk Support
- IT Project Management
- Compliance Oversight
However, even if you feel it’s not time to outsource your network infrastructure needs just yet, you should consider the ever-changing digital landscape. Even if your small business or enterprise seems to only need moderate support services, understand that cybercrime is on the rise and crafty cyberthreats are prevalent now more than ever. While it may seem like a costly investment, having the support of an outsourced provider to anticipate and mitigate an attack can save your business in the long run.
Before you select an outsourced provider, there are several key traits to look for:
- Experience – We can’t stress it enough—make sure the provider you choose has been in business for several years and has a proven track record of providing quality results.
- Professionalism – Look for providers who offer professional services and timely customer support.
- Reliability – Check to see if the provider has favorable business practices with testimonials that prove it. Your provider should have a good reputation for reliability and be able to deliver on their promises.
- Security – Before partaking in software development and other solutions on behalf of your company, your provider should be up-to-date with the latest security protocols and measures to protect your data from unauthorized access.
For businesses looking for quality outsourced IT solutions in Greater Philadelphia and South Jersey, neKey is your ideal provider. Our team of certified experts can offer managed IT services tailored to meet the needs of each business. We provide the most reliable, high-quality technology solutions, from managed cybersecurity and network design services to cloud integration.
We’re driven by three core values:
- Integrity – Our principles are built on transparency, honesty, and unbiased consulting in your best interest.
- DIligence – We’re all about attention to detail and accuracy—the smallest detail can be the key to your success.
- Growth – Whether it’s our team or your business, we prioritize continued development and raising the bar.
By partnering with us, your business can effectively reach its core goals. Contact us today to understand why neKey works for everyone.
Share this entry
NeKey is more than an IT provider; we’re a strategic partner with a commitment and passion focused on your success. Our security-first approach ensures you’re equipped with the most innovative IT that’s ready to protect your business from growing cybersecurity threats.
PO Box 3780
Cherry Hill, NJ 08034